Saturday, December 31, 2011

Be Safe, 2012 is Gonna Be an Amazing Year

As 2011 passes, we have seen a year that has been rife with toil and strain. In Nigeria there were at least 39 Christians killed and another 50 wounded in bombings at Churches over Christmas. There were massive floods, tornadoes, cyclones, hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamis that killed tens of thousands. There was  a nuclear plant melt down in Japan and wars/protests waged worldwide that were responsible for even more death. Kind of glad that 2011 is over.

For me, it was an amazing year. I made it through an entire year of substance abuse counseling without any of my clients dying. The team at my place of employment actually care about what they are doing! I found out that my wife was pregnant. She is amazing, as is my son. My sister and niece are great! I also have been blessed with an superb church family, that is supportive and compassionate.

I have just sent the first couple of chapters of the book I started writing this year, Spiritual Spackle, to an editor. I also began this blog that has been viewed in 50 countries and had over 6,500 hits in the 7 months it has existed. Finally, the project Better Life in Recovery is up and running. We have filmed multiple people for the documentary and the 501(c)3 is taking shape. Still have a lot of needs, if you want to contribute in any way please let me know!

The point I want to get to in this short blog is to be safe tonight. There will be multiple drunks out on the roads, and that makes travel very scary. If you are thinking of drinking and driving, please think again. There are only a couple of options that are open to you if you do:

  1. Jail
  2. Hospital 
  3. Morgue
  4. Home
Those are not the choices I want to choose between. I like number 4 and the rest suck. In the United States in 2010 there were over 1 million DWI arrests made. There were over 40,000 people who died in traffic accidents that were attributed to alcohol in 2010. This all adds up to one clear cut choice - DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!! It is not safe to do so, for you and everyone on the road!

We have a lot of events that are planned for the year 2012. I am going to want you to see my newborn in August. That, and I am going to need all of the help everyone can possibly give to get Better Life in Recovery funded so that we can begin bringing it to school and college aged youth and their parents as well as training for youth, parents, pastors, teachers and counselors so that they are better equipped to cope with the issues they will face. 

Remember, have a safe and happy New Years and may 2012 be your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment