Saturday, October 12, 2013

Recovery Quotes and Slogans


  1. You never have to use again
  2. Live your life with an attitude of gratitude
  3. Easy Does It
  4. One Day at a Time
  5. Drugs gave me wings then they took my sky away 
  6. It is called alcohol-ism not alcohol-wasm
  7. Never along, never again
  8. I was the black sheep of my family until I came to NA and found the rest of my flock
  9. Give us 90 meetings in 90 days and if at the end of that you are not fully satisfied we will gladly refund your misery 
  10. Insanity = Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results 
  11. Insanity = Doing the same thing over and over again, knowing the outcome yet doing it anyway 
  12. I may not always know God’s will but I will always know what God’s will is not
  13. It's really simple. The only thing you have to change is everything
  14. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid (or Keep It Simple Silly)
  15. If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got 
  16. If you want to change who you are change what you do
  17. If you hang out at a barbershop long enough you are going to get a hair cut
  18. Change your people, places and things
  19. Old playgrounds and playmates get you into trouble
  20. I used to be a hopeless dope fiend now I am a dopeless hope fiend 
  21. I went from dealing dope to dealing hope (David Stoecker)
  22. People who judge don’t matter and people who matter don’t judge 
  23. Holding a resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die 
  24. The world record is 24 hours 
  25. Don’t quit before the miracle happens 
  26. I can’t, God can so let Him 
  27. I looked to a drug for courage and it made me a coward 
  28. You are either working on recovery or working on a relapse 
  29. If you are not working on the solution you are working on the problem
  30. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
  31. My mind is a scary place to be all by myself 
  32. Your best thinking got you here
  33. My pickers are broken
  34. Addicts suffer from a condition called first thought wrong  (Mark Lundholm)
  35. I wouldn’t trade my worst day sober for my best day high 
  36. I may not be where I want to be but thank God I’m not where I was 
  37. Being humble doesn’t mean we think less of ourselves, it means we think of ourselves less 
  38. Pride is who is right while humility is what is right
  39. Give all your problems to God. He’ll be up all night anyway 
  40. I’m allergic to drugs and alcohol. Every time I use I break out in handcuffs and felony charges 
  41. People may not always believe what I say but they will always believe what I do 
  42. I stopped counting the days and started making the days count 
  43. It is not what I know that keeps me sober, it is what I do that keeps me sober
  44. What happened in the past is over. You can’t unscramble scrambled eggs 
  45. You can't turn a pickle back into a cucumber
  46. 7 Days without a meeting makes one weak
  47. There is no elevator, you have to take the steps
  48. I only drank on special occasions, like the grand opening of a pack of cigarettes
  49. While I am sitting in this meeting my addiction is out in the parking lot doing push ups
  50. HALT - Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired
  51. HALT - Hear, Assess, Listen then Talk (Mark Lundholm)
  52. My drug of choice was more
  53. Relapse is part of the program (Good intentions but one of the worst sayings ever)
  54. Your Higher Power can be a door knob (Good meaning but a horrible saying)
  55. I didn't like NA. After all, I had lost a lot of good friends to NA
  56. Addiction is Cunning, Baffling and Strong 
  57. Addiction ends in Jails, Institutions and Death 
  58. Drugs are bad, M'kay.......
  59. The only thing I only did halfway was the steps
  60. How do I know I need to go to a meeting? When I don't want to go to one
  61. Attitudes are contagious. Always make sure yours is worth catching
  62. If you don't drink you won't get drunk
  63. Suit up and show up don't shoot up and throw up

No comments:

Post a Comment