Friday, December 14, 2012

Newtown Elementary School Shooting and Me

I heard a news story today that broke my heart. After hearing it all I want to do is go get my son out of school and love on him. My son is a kindergartener, and this story struck too close to home. Today in Newtown, Connecticut there were at least 27 people killed, 18 of them children and the shooting was mostly done in a kindergarten class.

I heard it, and my mind immediately went to my son. Then I thought about the parents, and I cried. I could not imagine standing outside of the school, not being let in by the police yet not knowing whether or not your child is alive. What a nightmare.

I cannot imagine the pain the teachers, administrators, students, parents, siblings, friends and families are going through. The pain has only began for them. There will be counseling, nightmares, flashbacks and going through the stages of grief and loss.

There is a long road a head for a lot of people, and my thoughts and prayers are with all who are involved. Unexpected loss is the worst kind and there could be none worse than losing children. My heart breaks and I am left to do nothing but pray.

I have already heard people say it would not have happened if we had better gun control. Someone else said it was because we don't allow teachers to carry guns in school. I saw someone say it is because we don't have God in school. It is a shame, to see people using this tragedy already to push their agendas. Before it is all said and done I am sure it will somehow be Obamas fault.

This is not what we should be doing. That said, I don't know what to do. You never know when the last time you will see a loved one is. Right now, I am leaving to go and pick up my son early. I have to see him right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment