Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2 Years Ago I Married My Queen

This is just a little blog that I had to write today. Two years ago today I married my best friend. We had met a year previous, so we have actually known each other for 3 years. If not for eHarmony, we never would have met. I can guarantee you that the service works. We have been nearly inseparable since our second date. In fact, I knew after our second date that she was the girl I was to marry.

A lot has happened in the two years we have been married. For starters, she has been an amazing step-mom to my 4 year old son DJ. She has even gone out for dinner on several occasions with his mother. That's right, they get along. How awesome is that!! We have built our relationship with Christ first, which has impacted every other part of our life positively. That is the best thing I have found to keep a marriage healthy and strong!

The three (Me, Julie and DJ) of us have taken several family vacations to Disney and to St Louis. We have also taken two cruises, just her and I. You can do that when you have joint custody of a child. Those romantic vacations are soon to stop, as we will be adding to our family on August 7th. That is when our daughter, Addison Grace is due!

We have so much excitement going on. My wife is doing more freelance work as a videographer, from weddings to commercials to book trailers to church videos. If you have a need, contact her and she will do amazing work. We are also working on a documentary and a non-profit both entitled Better Life in Recovery. I am writing a book, sharing my testimony where ever they will hear me and writing this blog. We stay very busy.

Most exciting of all, though, is two years ago I got to marry my best friend. That friendship has just grown stronger, from the first date at Bambino's almost 3 years ago to the anniversary lunch at Bambino's that we had today. I love her, and when I think of her the song that she picked out, Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath and Waltz for Jennifer by FFH play over and over in my mind. If you have never heard them, give them a listen and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment